“Hello son, would you come over today?”
“I’ll see dad, have an important meeting today.”
“I understand buddy.”
“Happy Birthday, baby! Have made your favorite cake.”
“Mom, my friends have planned a party tonight. I’ll drop by tomorrow.”
“Why are you lying, Nishant?”, enquired Sanjeeda.
“Happy birthday, honey! Here’s the latest tablet for you.”
“Hey baby, sorry couldn’t be there this weekend. Here’s a new credit card. Shop till you drop buddy.”
“Hey baby, an important meeting has come up. Be there soon, promise.”
“Never short of excuses. Work never ended. Promises never kept. PTAs, school annual functions, birthdays or even when I was sick. My parents were never there for me, with me. In fact, I hardly have any memories with them to cherish.”, shrugs Nishant.
“They never had time for me then. Then why do they seek my time today?”
“But they are your parents, Nishant.”
“No Sanjeeda. They were busy in their careers when their only son yearned for their love and attention, craved for a hug when he fell, longed for a smile when he was scared at night. You have to give to get. Not the other way around.”
Word Limit: 200
It pains me when I see toddlers barely 3 years of age playing/watching cartoons/rhymes on tablet or phone. While their parents are either busy with work or on their phone or even simply having leisure time. If these kids. when they grow up, do not have time for their parents I won’t blame them. Please give your children time TODAY!
How to participate in Words on Wednesday #WoWe
Hello and welcome to #WoWe our hashtag for this Blog Hop called Words On Wednesday.
- A new prompt will be up on both our blogs, every Wednesday.
- Subscribe to our blogs and follow us on Twitter @Mayuri6 and @Rashi_AMital to get your Weekly Prompt.
- Write a 200 word story relevant to the Prompt of the Week.
- Use the Hashtag #WoWe in your Post Title and the Badge at the end of your post.
- Link up your post with Mayuri or Rashi on their Blogs.
- Read and Comment on, and share the Host and Co-hosts posts, and at least two more posts linked.
- Share your post on Social Media using the Hashtag #WoWe
- Mayuri and Rashi will pick one Featured Blogger each week, based on the content and popularity of the post.
- Winner will be announced on Thursday.
- Stories using adult/abusive/racist language or tones and those that we find disturbing shall not be accepted.
- Use the badge in your every post
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
The linky party ends on 26th June 12 am.