“Soon to-be-married huh!”
Charmi’s friends had been teasing for her marriage which was in 15 days. Each time a friend said something color rose to Charmi’s face and she felt like hiding.
She had dreamed of this day since she saw that movie. Dreamed of her Shah Rukh Khan who would be as romantic.
Charmi’s family was financially not that well off. Yet Charmi had insisted on studying, in turn, promising that she would marry whomever they’d wish once she completes her studies. She would give anything for her love for studies.
Charmi got married just a month after school finished. But she was happy. She’s got everything she wanted.
Her new bedroom was thrice the size of her room. She hid her face imagining what would happen under the green silk bedsheet she was sitting on when her prince came.
She was losing her patience when she heard the door open. Entered a man, heavily drunk and quite older to Charmi’s age.
Charmi was appalled. Perhaps the man in the drunken state has entered the wrong room.
But before she could say anything the man pounced on her like an animal.
Word Limit: 192
Can’t imagine the plight of such girls who are married to men much older to them. Maybe because the parents do not have enough money to get them married in a well off family or maybe these parents are in debt. Whatever the reason be, such an act is unacceptable.
Daughters are not a product which can be given to anyone at the desired price. Give your daughters a fair chance and equal support as your sons, they will make you much proud.
How to participate in Words on Wednesday #WoWe
Hello and welcome to #WoWe our hashtag for this Blog Hop called Words On Wednesday.
- A new prompt will be up on both our blogs, every Wednesday.
- Subscribe to our blogs and follow us on Twitter @Mayuri6 and @Rashi_AMital to get your Weekly Prompt.
- Write a 200 word story relevant to the Prompt of the Week.
- Use the Hashtag #WoWe in your Post Title and the Badge at the end of your post.
- Link up your post with Mayuri or Rashi on their Blogs.
- Read and Comment on, and share the Host and Co-hosts posts, and at least two more posts linked.
- Share your post on Social Media using the Hashtag #WoWe
- Mayuri and Rashi will pick one Featured Blogger each week, based on the content and popularity of the post.
- Winner will be announced on Thursday.
- Stories using adult/abusive/racist language or tones and those that we find disturbing shall not be accepted.
- Use the badge in your every post.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
The linky closes on 2nd July 12 pm.