“This ought to be God’s own place.”, Leena thought. She had come a long way in search of some solace, in search of a life.
Six months back she was a pale Leena, draped in salwar kameez with long hair. Six months back she slipped in the darkness of the night to run away from an abusive marriage in the hope of seeing a light in the tunnel. In her decade-old relationship, this wasn’t the first time.
To run away from the abuse, from the everyday hell. She had lost track of the number of times she held her favorite dupatta contemplating the thought of draping it elsewhere than on her chest.
But that night was different. She had the perfect opportunity to end the suffering once and for all. But she didn’t. She was not a coward. And she decided to take charge of her life, not to end it, but to live it the way she wants.
Today, Leena was free to live every day, every moment as she desires. She believes that God gives us all the window to run away from the bad in our lives. One just needs to look for it.
Word Limit: 197
Who knows how many women are struggling against domestic violence. And how many of them have accepted everything as their fate, their destiny. Life becomes like a spider web. One struggles to get out but so many things tie them up- ‘I have never worked before how would I manage my finances? What will society think? Where will I go?‘
But I believe in one thing and want to tell this to every woman. If you want, you can do it. Your self-respect is above all. There are umpteen numbers of opportunities for women today. You don’t know what awaits you until you step out in the open. It’s your life. Take charge!
How to participate in Words on Wednesday #WoWe
Hello and welcome to #WoWe our hashtag for this Blog Hop called Words On Wednesday.
- A new prompt will be up on both our blogs, every Wednesday.
- Subscribe to our blogs and follow us on Twitter @Mayuri6 and @Rashi_AMital to get your Weekly Prompt.
- Write a 200 word story relevant to the Prompt of the Week.
- Use the Hashtag #WoWe in your Post Title and the Badge at the end of your post.
- Link up your post with Mayuri or Rashi on their Blogs.
- Read and Comment on, and share the Host and Co-hosts posts, and at least two more posts linked.
- Share your post on Social Media using the Hashtag #WoWe
- Mayuri and Rashi will pick one Featured Blogger each week, based on the content and popularity of the post.
- Winner will be announced on Thursday.
- Stories using adult/abusive/racist language or tones and those that we find disturbing shall not be accepted.
- Use the badge in your every post
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
The linky is open until Tuesday 18th June 12am.