Diya was proud of this green patch she had cultivated over the decades. It had all kinds of trees; fruit-bearing, for improving the air quality and some of the most beautiful flowers. Diya had taken immense pain and made enormous effort to make her village green and pollution-free.
30 years back she quit her high paying job and came to this village to do her bit for saving the environment.
She promised herself, the day she lost her father to lung cancer, that she would try her best to take and implement adequate steps to improve the air quality around her.
She didn’t care if no one heeds to this gigantic problem rising every day across the globe. Diya believed that it is her individual responsibility and duty to keep her planet safe. She cannot wait for each person to realize the need of the hour, before taking adequate measures to control the pollution around. For what if the human race is already on its dooms journey by the time they realized?
No! Earth is her planet and she should, would do everything to save it. Maybe her small rights can erase the big wrongs we have done until now?!
Word limit: 200
I hope each of us realizes the need and importance of trees to save our planet. Many of us are doing their bit. But, a larger change can only be expected and seen when each and every individual makes it their responsibility to save their planet.
How to participate in Words on Wednesday #WoWe
Hello and welcome to #WoWe our hashtag for this Blog Hop called
Words On Wednesday.
We are Mayuri and Rashi, your hosts.
- A new prompt will be up on both our blogs, every Wednesday morning.
- Subscribe to our blogs and follow us on Twitter @Mayuri6 and @Rashi_AMital to get your Weekly Prompt.
- Write a 200 word story relevant to the Prompt of the Week.
- Use the Hashtag #WoWe in your Post Title and the Badge at the end of your post.
- Link up your post with Mayuri or Rashi on their Blogs.
- The linky opens from 11 am every Wednesday and closes at 11 pm on Tuesday night.
- Read and Comment on, and share the Host and Co-hosts posts, and at least two more posts linked.
- Share your post on Social Media using the Hashtag #WoWe
- Mayuri and Rashi will pick one, or more, Featured Blogger each week, based on the content and popularity of the post.
- Winner will be announced on Wednesday morning at 11 am.
- Stories using adult/abusive/racist language or tones and those that we find disturbing shall not be accepted.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party! Click here to enter
4 Comments on “Before It’s Too Late #WoWe”
I wish there were more like Diya. A very inspiring take on the prompt.
M sure there are. Many people are realizing the worth of nature and the need to preserve it.
If only we start thinking like her and act on it, the world would be a much better place to live in. Why wait for the worst to happen?
You are so right, Varsha. Why wait for the worst to happen. But, unfortunately, the human race doesn’t realize the importance of anything until the worst happens or is close to happening. But, yes why should our actions lead us to the worst situation at all. Thanks for reading and writing for #WoWe, Varsha.